Monday, November 5, 2007

Fire and Wine

This past weekend I got to go to North Bend and the Washington State Fire Training Academy for James' graduation. I went to a BBQ on Thursday night and then the graduation on Friday morning. I am so proud of my "Hot Firefighter", every weekend it was so hard for him to go back and be away from home. The goal was to graduate and he did and he worked so hard it will all be worth it in the end. He still has 2 more weeks of additional training so that he will be Firefighter II trained (more advanced techniques). We're hangin' in there and ready to be able to see eachother every night.

I took LOTS of pictures so I will share a few so as not to bore you all!

James being pinned by Cheif Wilkins


Cheif Wilkins, Cheif Heston, James, Captian Reiber, and Cheif Brown
Cheese!! I did it!!!

Proud Wife Picture
Congratulations James, I am so proud of you!

After the graduation we met up with a friend of our, Sarah, so we could head up to Lake Chelan for the weekend. We made a pit stop in Chashmere at the Applets and Cotlets store and got a tour of where they make the candies, it was unplanned but lots of fun.


We were a little unsure about what exactly there was to do in Chelan , until we got there and saw all the Winerys!!!! Woo Hoo Wine Tasting!! We got a slow start on Saturday but that was ok we got started none-the-less.
We drove in circles for a little bit trying to decide where to even start, when we decided to hit the south side of the lake. We went to this cute little place called Tunnel Hill, it is made out of stones that once made a tunnel through the hill side. It was super cute! We went on to 3 more wineries, and tasted at all of them. It was so much fun to spend time with our friend Sarah, she is such a good friend to James and I!

Again, I took lots of pictures so I will only share a few! The first one will be of Tunnel Hill, isn't it super cute!!


Cheers to Us! This is at Karma Wineries, Sarah and I!

These last few pictures are at the Tsillan Cellars (Chelan Cellars). It was very pretty here too and they were kind enough to give us a tour. What a great afternoon!
Fermenting Grapes, It smelled so good in this room. I asked them if they made candles that smell like that!
Hmmm... So thats where all this yummy stuff is made! The barrell room, this barrell was huge and there were two of them!

James Erin and Sarah at Tsillan Cellars

I hope you are all enjoying your autumn and looking forward to the holiday season!