Sunday, August 3, 2008

Time for a Major update, It's been a while!

Wow so it’s been a really long time since I have been on here to update what has been going on in our life!

Since my last post we have had many happy events in our life, but about a week and a half after the last post we lost my grandpa. It’s taken some time for me to get it on here because it has been a hard loss for me. It isn’t a loss, this I know, it is more a passing until we meet again. He had a long fight for many years with back pain and heart conditions, cancer, and diabetes to name a few. We have had many scares for as long as I can remember, and more recently as his condition grew worse. This past fall and winter we really thought it was time, grandpa the sweet stubborn man had his own plans, so we took advantage of the time that we still had with him. At the end May instead of a scare he went peacefully home to Jesus. It was a hard time for our family, but so many years of pain were over, and we had to rejoice in his return to our Lord. The time with family was so meaningful and we were able to remember with family we wouldn’t otherwise see. There was a blessing in the sorrow. With time we have begun to accept this change in our earthly life, and give thanks for the man that we loved and cherished. He will be remember each and everyday.

Jack in the Navy, Stationed in Hawaii!

Grandpa and I on Smutty, He loved his horses and his grandaughter!

A man who valued being with his family more than anything!


I love you grandpa!

Family came from all over, my grandmas Sister Rosalie with my awesome 94 year old grandma!


Family from Davenport that were so wonderful to come spend time with us and remember.
John, Ashley(Jeffs girlfriend), Jeff and Shirley Gunning


We Remembered Jack Emerson Gunning

A whole bunch of cousins (some are very tall)! Nicole, Michael, Erin, John, Marysa, and Jeff


The Gunning Girls: Sherri, Julie, Mabel, Darla, Glenda
I love these women, they mean so much to me!!!!


Some other fun events that don’t need a lot of explanation but I have fun pictures for would be going to Bonners Ferry to see Linda and going on a fun hike to Copper Creek Falls. My birthday on the Fourth of July and all the fun family time that we had that day, James had to work but that is being married to a Fire Fighter. A trip to Seattle for work, I got to see my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin while I was there! Thanks Aunt Gay, Spike and Marysa, it was so wonderful to get to spend time with you all! And more recently my 10 year class reunion! I can’t believe it’s been 10 Years! It was fun to see so many friends and fun to see the families some have started! And just Friday our neighbor Taylor, who I used babysit 16 years ago, got married! Wow how time and life changes even in three months time.

Upper Copper Creek Falls

Maggie and I in the very cold falls water!

My sister and her beautiful kids on the fourth!

Taylor and her Auntie ready for some serious fireworks!!

Taylor and Grandma captaining the Wine Ding Down!

More to come soon, the computer battery is dying and I am in the parking lot of the Laundry Stop. I promise to upload more pics and fun soon! Love to you all!