Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Wow, well I feel like we flew right through the Christmas season! Once again I grabbed my camera so I could figure out all the wonderful things that we did for Christmas. And what wonderful memories I have. Leading up to Christmas I was working in retail and that was just crazy!! Seemingly unending lines, returns before Christmas ever got here, grumpy spouses because they didn't know what to get their significant others, and some super cute kids getting very excited about what was on their Christmas lists. One little girl told me she just loves REI and she wanted to put everything in the store on her Christmas list! You should have seen the look on her parents faces! (I know one Christmas wish that didn't come true!!) James too had to work, and on Christmas Eve but was able to take half of the day off and was home by about 3pm. So here is a photo journey through our wonderfully busy Christmas!

Maggie was so excited for Christmas, she had a stocking under the tree. She is a very sneeky dog as she would try to get her toy out of the stocking as quietly and slowly as possible in an attempt to get past James and I! I got one step smarter and moved the stocking out of reach until Christmas morning, and let me tell you she know EXACTLY which stocking was hers! Smart Dog! Her pictures of her try to get into the stocking before Christmas!

I know that one is mine and there's no one here to stop me!

What mom, it wasn't me!
(Please note her paw on the toy.)

The first place I went on Christmas Eve was to the vet to visit my moms dog who was being boarded while they were in Minnesota! Zoe was doing just fine but it was good to see her and make sure she was happy!

After that it was on to my best Cheryls parents house! We have always gotten together on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts, this year we met at her parents house where there were 4 dogs, 2 farrets, and 4 humans! Its crazy there! But we did a couple pictures while we visited!

Cheryl and Erin Christmas 2007, Best Friends!


Daisey, Butters, Brent, Cheryl, Mr. Murphy, Ellie, and Erin all on one couch!


From Cheryl's it was on the Garland theater to meet Joyce, Kari, and Anjali. We saw the movie "Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium" The girls are so cute and really enjoyed the movie!

After the movie I went home for about an hour and James got home shortly after I did and we enjoyed a half an hour on the couch watching tv. Then it was time to get out the door and off to our next engagement.

We made our annual pilgramage to Bary and Bobbies house in Idaho and enjoyed some quality time with family. We ate dinner, opened gifts, and then the men got out their competativeness playing ping pong, and pool while us ladies talked girl talk and drank coffee! Its always so fun to get together with family.

Jeff, Bary and James ... Bary is displaying his competativeness!


Brandy, Michelle, and Erin... Brandy is Bobbie's eldest daughter, my step sister, and Michelle is my half sister!The rest of Christmas Eve was spent at our friend Matt's families house, and at church, it was quite a bit of running around but its always worth it! We didn't get home until about 12:45am on Christmas Morning!

Christmas morning was wonderful! We got up early and I made sure that Santa been there, the coffe was on, and the tree lights were on! Once we were up we got comfy under the tree and opened all of our presents and stayed under the tree most of the day! We went to Christie and Marks in the afternoon and had Prime Rib dinner, played some games with Taylor and headed home early. It was a wonderful day together and celebrating the birth of Jesus!

There are so many other pictures I would love to share with you but I will save them for later. I pray that you all had a wonderful holiday full of family and friends and quiet moments of thanks for the birth of Jesus Christ! Happy New Year to you and your family, I pray that its a safe one!



Maggie just poped in to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!